Sunday, November 8, 2009

Where do we go from here

Well it was an intense weekend. Kaden is slowly feeling better minus the constant coughing, but the fevers are gone. Last night Steve(my husband) needed me to take him to the ER twice! Never have I seen him like he was. He was in so much pain and even crying. His BP was 155/114 because of the pain. His wisdom teeth are a mess and caused an abscess or something. Our first trip to the ER they prescribed T3's which didnt touch the pain at all, he couldnt handle it, so I brought him back and they gave him a shot.
It was strange. The person that has been my safe person, my rock and last night that was my position. I had to calm him down and comfort him. I was the one in the waiting room wondering what was happening. I thought it would completely rattle my nerves but I took it surprisingly well.
The weather was gorgeous yesterday and today so I went for a walk both days. I can really feel the muscles I havent used much since surgery and my abs got alittle sore.
Now for the worry!! lol My temp has been up every night before bed. Not super high but just below 100. My throat also gets scratchy and I feel blah. It only seems to happen in the evening. Its like my body is working super hard to fight off the germs in this house and the ones from the ER but it slacks off in the evening or something!!! I am trying to not let it worry me, its more frustrating than anything because I keep thinking I am getting something and then its gone. Not that I am complaining!! I will be 5 weeks post op this week. Amazing. I have moments that I am sad I will never carry a child again but then I think of the fact I will never have a period again and that makes up for it. LOL
I have been worrying about my meds. I do NOT want to go off any as they basically work for me but the benzos are suppose to be short term and not 3 years like I have been. Plus I am on two different benzos plus Paxil and a beta blocker. I am worried that when my doctor retires I will have someone that makes me stop them all and things will get bad. Yet I worry about the fact that I am addicted to them all. :( I guess time will tell with that one.
Hoping for another nice day tomorrow to get a walk in before it gets cold and the snow comes.

4 comments:

Robert said...

Before my ex-wife had a hysterectomy, she knew that, due to an unrelated reason, she wouldn't be able to have any more children. Nevertheless, after the op she would have periods where she would get upset that she couldn't get pregnant any more! Strange how illogical our brains can be.

Anyway, you seem to be recovering quite well. I'm sure that your anxiety level will decrease as your general physical condition improves. And spring - when it comes - lifts everyone's spirits.

IMHO you're right to worry about the long-term use of your meds - they'll have to stop one day... However, this is a matter for a different time. Just get 100% well physically, first.

Best wishes.

Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I'm on a plethora of meds and I worry about the same thing. What happens when my doctor retires? Will a new doctor want to take me off everything I'm on? I'll go into shock from the massive withdrawal I'd go through. It's scary to even think about it.

Alison "in Wonderland" said...

Thank you all for your comments, it is so nice to have others that can understand and relate.