Friday, November 6, 2009

Ups and downs

Well I have been doing alittle better with my anxiety but it seems like there is always something to test it. Our family got the H1N1 shots and then 2 days later my 2 yr old daughter ended up with the swine flu as well as my husband, 12 yr old daughter and just recently my 3 yr old son. My son is taking it the hardest by far. He has been sleeping alot, and not eating or drinking well and just unwell. It has had me stressed out. I have bought him everything possible in hopes of getting him to take food or drink and finally he had some watermelon tonight. So its a start. Back in April he had a stomach bug and ended up very sick and in the hospital for 4 days. So I am very cautious with him.
My recovery seems to be going well. I still am desperate to get back to full on gym workouts. The best thing is my platelets are normal again!!!!!! I am soooo happy. They went from 600 down to 387 so I am thrilled. And yes the doctors were right. LOL
I am going to be sad when I no longer see my surgeon, he is an amazing doctor who does everything to ease my mind and make me feel better. If only he was a general practitioner. Days are getter darker and colder, which drops my mood. Money problems are insane. Christmas is coming which is another stress. This time of the year just all around sucks. The germs, the money, the lack of sun, the snow, the cold. But I guess you live in Canada you deal with the weather.
I have been working alot in my anxiety workbook and it seems to be helping. I do it everynight before bed.
I am staying up too late and sleeping in too late. My schedule for sleep is a mess. Sleep at 2:30 up briefly around 6-7am and then sleep till 12:30pm. Not good at all. So I need to get back into my kid watching hours! The kids have been going to the sitter since I had surgery. It has been so good for them and they love it there. I would love to keep them in mornings but of course its the cost that worries me. I just hate to stop something that I believe is helping them alot, especially Kaden with his speech and socialization skills.
I need to find a hobby, but I dont know what yet. I am not really good at anything! LOL But I want to get into something that I can do regular. Also that doesnt cost an arm and a leg. Time to start coming up with some ideas. Well thats all for now, nothing much exciting. Hopefully there wont be much to write the next time as well, that will mean things are going well!

1 comment:

Laura said...

"This time of the year just all around sucks. The germs, the money, the lack of sun, the snow, the cold"

I couldn't have said it any better.