Saturday, November 13, 2010

Its been so long!

Well its been quite the year! We are in the second week of November already. My 16 yr old niece came to live with us the beginning of February and I am sorry to say we had to ask her to leave last week :( I tried to do everything for her and help her heal her past but she just was not on track and wouldnt attempt to be. The final straw came when she stole from us and did not have any regrets.
I had my second surgery of the year recently. First one was the second attempt at a 2nd metatarsal head re-section. It failed miserably and I was in pain for months. The doctors tried to have me on slow release morphine daily but I did what I could to avoid it.
I started working as well. I had started my own cleaning business and quickly ended up with 19 clients!!! It was going very well, Steve was still in school so the extra money helped alot. One of my clients owns a very large housing company and vineyards and ended up hiring Steve full time. They asked me to help out one afternoon in the vineyard and next thing you know it became full time! I was putting in lots of time and learning quickly. I went from a pruner to vineyard manager in a mnth! Which also came with a $5 an hour raise. So I stopped cleaning for everyone but them as time didnt allow for anything. I love my job as much as I hate it at times. LOL It takes alot out of me but can be very rewarding.
So I just had my third surgery for my foot. Fingers crossed that everything works this time although I have some nights that it hurts really bad. I pray its just healing and soon enough I will be pain free.
As for the anxiety, I have to say it really was at bay for a very long time. Then with the stress of my niece and work I started to feel it come back. I found myself checking my blood pressure again and having moments of panic. I am hoping now that she is gone things will settle back down.
I am desperate to get back to working out and eating well as I have been doing very poorly at that. With working so often take out has been the easy way of eating and I am back up to 132 lbs :( I need the great feeling that comes with the exercise and proper eating again. I am waiting on a gastroscope to check things out as I have been having gallbladder pain for many months but because nothing shows on ultrasound they want to eliminate any other issues before taking it out. I figure the 2 surgeries I have had this year plus getting my wisdom teeth out(YAY ME!)  is more than enough for one year and once they get this gallbladder stuff sorted out there is nothing but smooth sailing with my health! I hope to get back to writing in here as often as I can! I have lots more to express but will save it for another post. P.S. I am officially the mom to a teen, my oldest daughter turned 13 today!!! Man I feel old!

No comments: