Friday, January 21, 2011

Again I have slacked on this blog!
Made it through Christmas, wasnt as horrible as I was expecting. Kids were happy and thats what matters the most. the depression from being laid off and being completely broke for the past month of so has been awful. Sleeping pattern is all messed up. I am staying up way to late and sleeping in. No energy, and havent been to the gym. We were taking the kids swimming daily at the Y but we hit a cold spell and the were freezing afterwards. My anxiety was up this week and last. My old boss emailed me and wanted me to do a bunch of work even though I am not on his pay roll. typically I did it. UGH. The second I get an email from him my mood changes. he treats me like his slave. Good news is I found another job! At a popular winery/vineyard! It doesnt start till March but atleast I got it. I was anxious before the interview. I really just wanted things to go back to the way they were last summer. Working with Steve and Madison. Boss not being a jerk. It was good times. Now I have to work without Steve. Which is normal but since we have spent so much time together typically I have built up a co-dependency. Boo to that.
I really really want to get back to an exercise and healthy diet routine as I know I would feel better. But its getting into the groove of it. I get so depressed in the winter. I dont even open my blinds. I hate the dark dreary snow. I need the sun back. I go for tans and I always feel better afterwards. Might be a vitamin D thing.
Steve is depressed too I think. He hasnt been the same. He is getting lots of headaches and has zero ambition as well. Its not like him to be so down. He finds out on Monday about a job and I am hoping that might help. Poor kids have two bummed out parents. I do everything to make sure they dont notice anything. Still play with them all fun and happy and show them only happy spirits. Madison has been doing modeling. She has an amazing gift. Her pictures and look is fabulous! Raelynn has done a shoot with her as well. I have two very photogenic daughters. Kaden isnt a fan of the camera much like mommy and daddy. He has become an amazing swimmer, Quite a daredevil and his talked has improved soooooo much!
So its just going to take a good kick in the ass for me to get motivated and start working to feel better. No more poor me. I can do it. I have to do it.

2 comments:

Mixi said...

Dreams are dreams.. and some might not be true...
but that is no reason to feel so blue...
Coz no matter how bleak it may seem to you...
always remember, I've been there too...

You say,
"Hope to live as I die ever while...
but its easier to die rather than to live these days..."
What was it like before??
Was there a rainbow always?
there might have been better days..
but there are still better ones to come
All you need to do is wait some.

Anger pours out, frustration sways
you're willing to give it all up you say....
Stand awhile, and think about it,
Would you sacrifice all in a minute?
Why? coz you think you can't hold on?
Your legacy will last long after you're gone...
What do you want to leave behind?
Tears and sorrow... or joy divine?

You're hopeless, you think, "hell's the place to be"
If you ever need a reality check, you need to ask me
Remember the day you made me smile...
Or took time out to be with me a while...
Dyu realise the difference you've made in my life?
Dyu know you're my friend, and nothing more do I require?

"Things are harder than they ever were,
You won't even recognise me anymore."
Who do you need to say you're you
What you are, and what you do?
You're convinced its war everywhere...
I don't deny it.. its killing out there...
You are your own master, slave to none
There are still so many battles to be won...
You might lose sometimes, but hope abounds...
Coz what goes... always comes around...

"The easy way is to end this life..
or simply put , commit suicide."
Your life is for you to take...
Whatever you want, you can make...
Giving up is the easy way for sure
But is that all you have, and nothing more?
Don't you want to live and achieve...
Without your loved ones you leave...
You know you have so much to give..
So why not take a chance ....and Live?

Mixi said...

Alison, I saw just by chance you were following my blog. I don't know how it must be for you to live with fear and anxiety all the time. But I can suggest something that'll work wonders for you. You don't need to hit the gym or do it at a fixed time. Just do this whenever you have 5 minutes free during the day -
1) Close your right nostril with your thumb and breath deeply in through your left nostril (as deeply as you can).

2) Feel the air moving through your body. No need to hold your breath.

3) Now lift your thumb off your right nostril and cover your left nostril with your index finger.

4) Release the air slowly through your right nostril, feeling it move through your body and out. Breath out till you've completely expelled your breath.

5) Breath in deeply through your right nostril, keeping your left nostril covered with your index finger.

6) Feel the air moving through you and don't hold your breath.

7) Now uncover your left nostril and cover your right nostril with your thumb. Exhale through your left nostril.

8) Inhale again through your left nostril and continue as before.

This was one cycle (Left inhale- right exhale- right inhale- left exhale). Focus only on your breathing and count each cycle. Let all other thoughts go out of your mind. Just follow the movement of air in and out of your body. Imagine all your worries going out with each exhalation and health flowing in with each inhalation.

5 minutes a day of DIY Yoga is all it takes (trust me, I'm from India! I know all abt Yoga! :D ). It will help calm your anxiety and it has been proven to help lose weight and cure ailments of the nervous system if done regularly.

And if ever you need an ear or a shoulder, don't hesitate to e-mail me if you want. I may not always have the answers, but I'm darned good at Googling for good stuff :)

Cheers (and I mean that literally!!) Stay healthy and happy!